Cloister

Cloister and the occupation

The cloister was turned into a stable during the French occupation (1806 – 1814). Some of the feeding holes can still be seen in the southern part of the cloister. Since there was not enough space for the Austrian army, another floor was built above the arches of the upper terrace. Many precious manuscripts and rare editions have disappeared.

Back to top